Sunday, November 13, 2011

Saturday at the farmers' market: how 'bout them apples?

With the winter weather approaching, the Dane County Farmers' Market has relocated indoors to Monona Terrace. Designed by Madison native, Frank Lloyd Wright, Monona Terrace is the perfect alternative to the outdoor market, offering a great view of (you guessed it) Lake Monona.

I wandered around the indoor market, where I discovered Romanesco broccoli:

Picture perfect, isn't it?
I continued browsing and decided to pick up a few goodies:

My loot from the market: cherry jalapeño jelly and two large empire apples.
My friend Kat and I met up at the market and decided to go to Marigold Kitchen for brunch. I was craving an omelette, so this was the perfect place to go. Luckily, we beat the crowd and found a table.

My veggie & cheese omelette with toast, salad, and sweet potatoes.
The pumpkin cake was calling Kat's name:

Cream cheese frosting!
Farmers' market + brunch = perfect Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment