Saturday, January 28, 2012

I often skate, but I rarely do it outdoors.

As I have mentioned before on this blog, I'm a figure skater. I've been skating and competing for almost 21 years, and I can't remember my life without skating. 

Last weekend, my friends Elysha and Scott asked me to come skating with them at the Tenney Park Rink and teach their 2.5 year old daughter, Abby, how to skate. Of course I said yes: I never say no to skating. However, it's notable that in almost 21 years of skating, I had NEVER skated on a pond (I've skated outdoors, but never on a frozen pond). Since January is National Skating Month, what better time to try?


Abby did a great job for a first-timer and was willing to do a little bit of independent skating.
Abby found the snow more interesting than the ice. Here she is taking a break with her mom.
Elysha and I are knitters, so of course we sported our handmade headwear.

Happy National Skating Month!

No comments:

Post a Comment