Tuesday, March 6, 2012

50 is the new 80 (degrees, that is).

I have lived in Wisconsin for 10 months and it has occurred to me that my general standards of good weather are already starting to change.

When I left work around 5:30pm today and walked outside, I immediately called my mother to tell her about the lovely weather. It's the beginning of March and it's 50 degrees outside.

Ordinarily, I would not consider 50 degree weather in March to be newsworthy. But today in Wisconsin, the aforementioned lovely weather was certainly the talk of the town. I didn't need to completely zip up my jacket or put on gloves: it was sunny and perfect. I proceeded to get in my car, crank up some Florence + the Machine, and roll the windows down to fully savor this much-anticipated climate change.

Okay, let's face it: I'm becoming a Wisconsinite.

No comments:

Post a Comment