Sunday, June 3, 2012

One year in Madison: time for cows!

It's hard to believe that I've lived in Madison for a little over a year. I have a great job, fabulous friends, and I just bought a beautiful condo in the Atwood neighborhood.

When I was new to Madison last year, I wrote my third-ever blog post about Cows On The Concourse, which gave me the opportunity to mingle with cows downtown.

This year, I returned to the event (now in its 33rd year) with my friend, Kat. We petted a fuzzy baby calf and then I got my picture taken with Apple Cider, the Milking Shorthorn:

Apple Cider and her farmer friend were happy to pose for the photo.
Once we had our daily dose of cows, Kat and I went to Mirch Masala for a delicious Indian buffet. When I went to college in Cincinnati, I lived on a street with three Indian restaurants. Since then, it's been my favorite food, and Mirch Masala lived up to the hype.

My dairy dessert: rice pudding and a milk ball.
While downtown, I picked up some organic strawberries at the Farmers' Market:

Look at those beauties!
What can I say? My first year in Wisconsin has been exciting, educational, and memorable. Here's to many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment